Sunday, November 22, 2009

Potato, cheddar, and chives

Today I tried the potato, cheddar, and chives bread from PR's BBA. I was a bit unsure about some parts of this recipe. The potatoes were supposed to be chopped coarsely, which made for a very odd kneading experience as the bits of potato sometimes got squeezed out of the dough... Also, I only used about 1/4 to 1/3 of the recommended amount of chives, because the recipe seemed to be calling for too many.

The loaves came out bigger than I expected. So big in fact, that they didn't fit on my baking stone! So the ends of one of the loaves were falling off the edge of the stone. (You can kind of see the problem in the loaf on the left; it droops down and is burnt on the end. I think I'll cut those bits off...)



No comments:

Post a Comment